What you need to know
Who is eligible?
General academic scholarships are available to students entering Year 7, Year 9 and Year 11. Current students may apply for scholarships.
What do general academic scholarships cover?
General academic scholarships cover 100 per cent of tuition fees.
How are the recipients of academic scholarships decided?
Academic scholarships are awarded on the basis of:
- demonstrated performance in the Newington scholarship examination
- excellence shown in supporting documentation (school reports, external competition reports, NAPLAN results)
- other qualities that will support a child to contribute positively to the life of the College
- and then an interview with the Deputy Headmaster and the Deputy Head of Stanmore (Academic).
How to apply
All students applying for a Newington College Scholarship must sit the scholarship test. The test is administered by Academic Assessment Services.
Applications for 2025 scholarships are now open.
Entering in Year 11
There are two academic pathways available at Newington for Year 11 Academic Scholarship recipients:
- the NSW Higher School Certificate (HSC)
- the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
All students who are shortlisted for a scholarship will be invited for an interview to explore their own academic interests, their approach to learning and how they will contribute to the exceptional learning environment at Newington.