Our boys are encouraged from an early age to become involved in co-curricular activities to expand their interests and broaden their opportunities.
Beyond the Classroom
The benefits of participation in co-curricular activities include:
- supporting physical, cultural, spiritual and mental development
- allowing students to discover their own passions and interests through structured programs
- providing opportunities to engage with a broad range of ideas, teachers and outside groups.
There are various activities on offer after school hours throughout the year both at the Wyvern campus and at the Stanmore 7-12 campus, including:
- Coding club
- Hip Hop Dancing
- Public Speaking
- Lego Club
- Martial Arts Lessons
- Robotics club
- STEM club
- Individual coaching in Swimming and Tennis – available through the Senior School campus.
Music and Creative Arts
Music and creative arts provide an avenue for students to explore their talents and passions outside the traditional classroom. Wyvern offers several ensembles for budding young musicians to develop a feeling for playing as part of a group including Wyvern Strings, Winds and Percussion, the Dragonetti Ensemble and the Wyvern and Stage Choirs. Private music tuition for a range of instruments is also available.
Sport is not only a great way to get children outside, it also teaches them what it means to be part of a team, how to cooperate with others, and learn leadership skills.
Our Mission in Sport is to help students appreciate sport as a life-long interest and encourage them to show good sportsmanship and ‘Wyvern Spirit’.
- Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics carnivals
- Swimming squad
- Learn to Swim classes
- Aquatics Water Safety programme
- Martial Arts
- Holiday Camps for Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, Football, Rugby and Swimming.