Our vision is to empower our students to develop great hearts, inspired minds and strong wings, ready to make a positive contribution to society and the future.
The Newington learner is:
- Reflective – engaged, ethical, critical
- Self-directed – independent, responsible, resilient
- Inquisitive – creative, collaborative, passionate.
We currently have four campuses:
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) is a state of the art, purpose- built facility for children aged 3, 4 and 5 years old. Open from 7.30am to 6.00pm, there are two-day, three-day and five-day programs for our younger students whilst our 4 and 5 year olds attend five days per week. Our inquiry-based program is influenced by the philosophical approach of Reggio Emilia preschools.
Lindfield Preparatory School, located in the upper North Shore, is a campus for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Surrounded by bushland, our 190 students have access to a highly unique learning environment. Lindfield is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) school. Lindfield provides a Primary school education that is holistic, values-based and follows best practice to help students learn how to engage critically and effectively engage with our ever-changing world.
Wyvern House Preparatory School, located at Stanmore, is a campus for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. With approximately 450 children on campus, the school provides a balanced curriculum encompassing the spiritual, academic, cultural, physical and practical areas of learning. Wyvern learning follows a balance of explicit direct instruction and experiential, inquiry-based learning. Wyvern provides a Primary school education that is holistic, values-based and follows best practice to help students learn how to engage critically and effectively engage with our ever-changing world.
The Stanmore campus, set on 25 acres, houses approximately 1400 students from Year 7 to Year 12. Being non-selective and multi-streamed, we ask our students to be self-directed, inquisitive and engaged leaners. The broad co-curricular program encourages a balance between academic achievement, personal development and social responsibility. Boarding is offered in Years 9 to 12.
The ELC offers places for children at ages 3, 4 and 5. Acceptance into the ELC does not guarantee enrolment into Kindergarten, although current ELC students will be placed on a priority waitlist and will be considered for admission in the first round of applicants.
There are three formal entry points:
- Year 5
- Year 7
Please note that subject to vacancies, the opportunity of places does arise in other years.
- Register your child online
- Participate in admission activities.
- For the ELC and Preparatory School places we will contact you between 12 and 18 months prior to entry. Your child will be invited to participate in a visit to our campus and a family interview.
- For Senior School places we will contact you approximately two and a half years prior to commencement date when your child will participate in an academic assessment and a family interview.
- A decision regarding an offer is made.
- An offer is accepted when enrolment paperwork and entrance fee have been submitted.
- Welcome to Newington College!
After a student has completed our admission activities, factors used for selection include, in no particular order:
- date of registration
- siblings of current students
- Old Newingtonian affiliation
- school reports reflecting good engagement, effort and behaviour
- other information provided that shows the student’s character and capacity to thrive at Newington College.
Sport is compulsory for students in Years 3–12. Sports offered include, but are not limited to:
- Australian rules football
Newington offers a range of co-curricular options including but not limited to:
- Creative and performing arts
- F1 in schools
- Martial arts