What makes Newington so special is its people.
At Newington, our boys are at the centre of everything we do. Irrespective of our roles at the College, we see ourselves as equal contributors in providing our boys with an excellent education across a balanced curriculum encompassing the spiritual, academic, cultural, physical and practical areas of learning. Critical to this is quality staffing, a foundation of our strategic plan.
With more than 300 employees across teaching and non-teaching roles, set across 3 campuses, the College provides its staff with outstanding resources, a values driven culture and a commitment to continued professional learning and development.
Learning is at the heart of what we do at Newington and that includes learning opportunities for our people. We want our people to pursue a life long journey of learning and self-improvement. We offer a number of internal and external training opportunities to help our staff progress their careers.
If you are wanting to apply for a current employment opportunity, please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application system Recruit Pack.
Before you Apply
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate permit to work within Australia.
- Under Child Protection legislation, a current Working with Children clearance is a prerequisite for all employees and volunteers in child-related employment. Newington College requests that applicants provide this clearance with their application. For more information please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian
Teaching Positions only:
- Applicants must be accredited to teach in NSW and hold a NESA registration number. For more information please visit the NSW Education Standards Authority Website
- Applicants must hold a current first aid certificate, or be prepared to acquire a first aid certificate.
“The success of any school is dependent upon the energy, drive, vision, commitment and professionalism of staff. At Newington our staff are dedicated, passionate, motivated and inspirational individuals who are deeply committed to the values of the College”
The happiness, engagement and job satisfaction of our staff is central to their success at Newington. The College strives to provide our staff with a good work-life balance that enables them to enjoy every facet of their life.
In addition to a meaningful and rewarding career, our staff receive a comprehensive range of benefits which include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Options for salary packaging
- Co-curricular payments
- Tuition fee remissions for sons of staff attending Newington
- Internal and external professional development opportunities with industry leaders
- Tertiary study rebates
- Support for Teacher Accreditation requirements for all staff
- Mentoring from some of the best and most respected educators in Australia
- Industry health fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Provision of College IT equipment – laptop computers / iPads (subject to roles)
- Co-curricular uniform allowance
- On-site health centre with full access to a school nurse
- Flu shots and health checks
- Use of College sport facilities which include a gymnasium, pool, tennis courts and sports ovals;
- Subsidised group yoga classes
- Subsidised group fitness classes
- Family supportive practices