About The Application Process
Everything you need to know about applying for a scholarship at Newington College.
How to apply
Applicants should follow the process below.
- Applicants must register via the online application form. Click here to access the form
- Gather your supporting documentation, including:
a. A completed printout of this cover page, attached to the front of your portfolio
b. Passport size photograph
c. Copies of your son’s previous two school reports, one of which must be his end-of-year or final report
d. Latest NAPLAN results
d. A personal portfolio, with the attached cover page, including copies of certificates or other proof of academic sporting or other achievements. Please do not submit original certificates and reports. They will not be returned.
- Send your application to:
The Admissions Department
200 Stanmore Road,
Stanmore NSW 2048
Only hard copy portfolios will be accepted. Please do not email documents. Submissions after the closing date will not be considered.Please note: Referee contacts are not required for the initial application process prior to testing.
How scholarship recipients are decided
Please refer to individual scholarships for information about how recipients are decided.
Please read all of the information below before completing the online registration process.
All boys applying for a Newington College scholarship must sit the scholarship test. The test is administered by Academic Assessment Services.
Scholarship Testing Dates:
Entry into Year 7 in 2022 will be held on Monday 8 February 2021.
Entry into Years 9 and 11 in 2022 will be held on Tuesday 9 February 2021.
Please be advised there will be no make-up test for those unable to attend testing on the given days.
On the day of the test, boys are required to be at the College by 8.15am for an 8.30am start. We expect to finish by 12.30 pm.
Kindly note, an email will be sent by Academic Assessment Services (not by Newington College) to applicants a few days prior to testing. The email will contain information about start and finish times, what to bring etc.
Shortlisting and results
Notification of shortlisting and results
After the scholarship test:
- Newington College will review each application, considering individual test results together with submitted supporting documentation/portfolio.
- Shortlisted candidates ONLY will be notified by telephone and requested to proceed to interview and/or music audition.
- If you have not received notification from the College by the end of March, your son’s application has not progressed to the interview and/or audition stage.
- During April a letter will be sent to all applicants, advising them of their scholarship assessment testing results.
Please note the College is not responsible for the return of portfolios after the scholarship process.
If your son is shortlisted for an interview as part of the selection process, names and contact details of two referees who would be prepared to speak on your son’s behalf may be requested. Please advise the referees that the College may contact them. For current Newington students a verbal reference will be automatically supplied by the following staff only: Head or Deputy-Head of either their prep school (Year 6) or Head of Stanmore as required.