2018 Year 11 Entry Bursaries and Scholarships
Bursaries and Scholarships are available for boys entering Newington College for the first time in Year 11 2018, to study either the NSW Higher School Certificate or International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Opportunity for exceptional young men during their last two years of school
The College seeks bursary or scholarship recipients, for Year 11 2018 entry, who demonstrate the following:
- Strong academic ability or potential, with school reports that reflect solid effort
- Sound character traits and a potential to lead
- A ready willingness to participate in a variety of educational and school-related activities
Newington College is committed to remaining as accessible as possible, encouraging diversity and promoting opportunities for boys of excellent character who will make a significant contribution to the life of the College.
The College history is rich with stories of boys who required financial assistance to experience a Newington education and went on to make outstanding contributions to society.
These recipients will share their often considerable talents, encourage other boys to be the best they can be and demonstrate that, beyond Newington, they will contribute positively to society.
Specific criteria for Bursary Applicants:
- A demonstration that such a Bursary will benefit the boy to reach his potential and add significant value to his secondary education.
- A financial means test to give preference to those boys from a background that would prevent attendance at Newington.
How to apply
Your son must register online to sit for the Bursary and Scholarship examinations which are held at Newington College. Examinations are administered for Newington by Academic Assessment Services. On the day of the examination, registered boys are required to be at the College no later than 8:30 AM for a 8:45 AM start. We expect to finish by 12:30 PM.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 21 July 2017
EXAMINATION: Thursday, 27 July 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please call 02 9568 9337
The Selection Process
Academic Scholarships or Bursaries are awarded on the basis of:
- demonstrated performance in the examination administered by Academic Assessment Services and supporting documentation e.g. school reports, NAPLAN results, together with any other qualities that will allow a boy to contribute positively to the life of the College
- performance at interview with the Deputy Headmaster and the Head of Academic. The interview will explore each shortlisted candidate’s own academic interests, their approach to learning and how they will contribute to the strong learning culture at Newington.