What makes Newington so special is its people.
At Newington, our staff are passionate and motivated individuals committed to the values of the College.
We are an inclusive and tight knit community who, regardless of role or faculty see ourselves as equal contributors in providing a high quality education to our boys.
Head of HR Neil Martin has worked in recruitment for over 20 years and joined us in 2015. After conducting an independent Staff Engagement Survey, the consultant commented to Neil that she had never seen higher results for an organisation (having conducted the survey in hundreds).
“I have also been incredibly impressed with both the quality and number of candidates who apply to Newington. Truly, a terrific place to work,” says Neil.
If you would like to place a general expression of interest please email your curriculum vitae to Human Resources with a cover letter outlining your experiences, skills, knowledge and attributes. If you are wanting to apply for a job opportunity, please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application system Recruit Pack. To be the first to find out about New Jobs, follow us on LinkedIn.
Learning is at the heart of what we do at Newington and that includes learning opportunities for our staff. We want our staff to pursue a life long journey of learning and self-improvement. We offer a number of internal and external training opportunities to help our staff progress in their careers.
- Tertiary Study Rebates
- Internal and External Professional Development opportunities with industry leaders
- Provision of IT hardware and software with support provided
- Teachers accreditation for experienced teachers
Health and Well-being Benefits
We provide staff with a variety of health and well-being benefits to ensure that they enjoy their time at the College and feel supported.
- On site health centre with access to a school nurse
- Flu shots and health checks
- Use of sport facilities (gym, pool, tennis courts and ovals)
- Subsidised group yoga classes
- Subsidised group fitness classes
- Competitive Industry Health Fund
- Employee Assistance Program (6 x 1 hour sessions with an external registered psychologist to provide assistance with work related or personal concerns)
- Corporate Rowing
- Family-Supportive Practices